Publicity can be good as well as bad.
The following interesting water and Coca Cola facts are now circulating on the Internet.
Nevertheless, all very interesting reading.
1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated. (this likely applies to half the world population.)
2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is mistaken for hunger.
3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%.
4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters - from a University of Washington study. This is an interesting water and health fact for slimmers.
5. Lack of water, the No.1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers. Water and health facts come into play again here.
7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.
8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer. Plus your complexion should improve. Another one of the interesting water and health facts.
1. In many States the Highway Patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the trunk (boot) to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.
2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of Coke and it will be gone in two days.
3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the 'real thing' sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china. A very interesting one of the water and health facts.
Editor's Note. This tip works. For heavy staining leave the Coke in the toilet bowl overnight, then brush thoroughly in the morning.
4. Coke contains carbonic acid, which is used in many products designed to remove rust – although it pays to remember that many other carbonated drinks also contain carbonic acid. Either way, it's been proven that a Coke-soaked rag can be a great tool for those waging war on rust deposits. Coke's rust-busting properties also mean that it works wonders on stuck nuts and bolts.
5. To remove chewing gum from an area, soak in Coke. The ingredients help to break down the “stickiness” of chewing gum and facilitates removal.
6. To remove grease from a garment, soak the stain directly in Coke for 30 minutes, then wash garment as normal.
7. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a crumpled-up piece of aluminium foil dipped in Coca-Cola. This YouTube video is good to watch. Do take a look for your self.
8. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.
9. A quick wipe with a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola will restore your ornaments to their former glory. The citric acid within the drink helps to remove stains without causing damage – Coke has PH of 2.5 making it more acidic than apple juice but less acidic than lemon juice.
10. Simply pour a can of Coke into a burnt saucepan, leave to soak for half an hour, and scrub off. The secret is the drink's acid content (aided by the fizzing action) which is high enough to clean burnt pans but mild enough to avoid damaging non-stick coatings.
11. To loosen a rusted bolt: Apply a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt and leave for several minutes.
12. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminium foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.
13. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of Coke into the washing machine load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains.
14. It will also clean road haze from your windscreen.
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid, see Coca Cola formula - Wikipedia . It will dissolve a nail in about four days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is attributed as a major contributor to the rising increase of osteoporosis.
2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) commercial trucks (USA) must use a Hazardous Material place card reserved for highly corrosive materials.
3. The distributors of Coke have been using it to clean engines of the trucks for about 20 years!
Having read the above water and health facts, the question is would you like a glass of water or Coke?
Why buy Coca Cola when there is a far cheaper alternative to quenching your thirst?
Why not subscribe to our Free Newsletter while you are here?
Give this recession a beating and sign up today.
If you missed the last edition of the Newsletter you can read it here.
Your Teeth - Take Care of Them Exercise At Home with No Equipment Why Not Quit Smoking Now? Saving Money on Medicines Failed Slimmers - Come and Join Us Sugar in Fruits - Slimmers Beware Obese Parents and Childen Tips on Keeping Healthy Search This Site