Our tips on keeping your health will not only help you get a healthy body, but you will also save money.
Just because we are intent on the need to save money, this does not mean that we value good health lightly.
The reverse is the actual fact.
That investment is - YOU.
Without YOU there is
Therefore, being the sensible person you are, you know it pays to look after your best investment and keep healthy. Read on and see how our tips on keeping healthy can help.
It has now been officially determined that there is a link between what you eat and disease. You are what you eat.
If you are to keep healthy - think slim. Cut down on red meat, processed foods, too much sugar,fats and alcohol.
So.....take care of yourself, particularly if you have a younger generation that is totally reliant on you. Read our tips on keeping healthy.
1. If you are a smoker, you will probably have thought several times about giving up the weed. It is no secret - not only will this save you money but also it will extend the length of your life and that of the other people in your house.
Ask yourself, do you really want to put a rolled up piece of paper in your mouth that contains over 4,000 different chemicals and then set light to it? Being the intelligent person you are, no, I don’t think so. You just need to stick to our tips on keeping healthy - don't you?
Do you really want to stink like a dirty old ash tray? Do you really want your skin to become wrinkled before its due date? That comes quickly enough without voluntarily speeding up the process.
Have you tried a 'patch' to give you some help in the right direction?
For 'in house' help go to Quit Smoking. You will find masses of information to help you achieve your goal of becoming a non-smoker. Just continue to follow our tips on keeping healthy and you will not go far wrong.
If you go to the Free Books section of this web site you will be able to order a free book entitled 'Quit Smoking Today'. There you will find out the cold facts regarding the money that your habit is costing you – it is frightening really when you see it can cost you thousands of pounds each year. Think of your health and how it will improve, plus you will save money - loads of it!
If you worry (probably unnecessarily)about the possibility of increased weight as a result of stopping smoking, take up gardening – grow your own food – or walking. You never know whom you might meet on your daily walks! Also you will smell much sweeter and your skin will have improved! A double bonus on top of the money saved! If you have a dog, take him along as well and you will both keep healthy. See No. 2 below.
All the pundits are saying that as we are becoming an increasingly sedentary race it is essential for exercise to play a part in our daily lives. Here we give you some tips that can easily be incorporated into your busy life without too much effort. Read and benefit from our tips on keeping healthy. We will also continue with further money saving tips.
2. On the economy side of this healthy venture, why not cancel your gym membership, and take a walk with your dog instead? Not only will you feel much better mentally after a walk and you will keep healthy, but your figure will improve as well as your well-being. An added bonus is that your dog will love you even more. As well as tips for keeping healthy for you, your dog will appreciate our Dog pages listed in the Menu Bar.
Ask yourself how many times you have used the gym since you made your last New Year’s resolution? Make your walk a regular feature of your routine and you will be surprised at the benefits. 20/30 minutes per day is ideal, alternate days will also be a benefit. Two for the price of one. Healthy owner, healthy dog. You have to supply the willpower and our tips on keeping healthy!
Seek help in the Related Pages at the bottom of this page for plenty of information to help you on your way.
3. This tip involves some investment in your health to help you save money. Buy an electric toothbrush which will enable you to keep your teeth much cleaner. This will save you money when you visit the dentist because you will not need expensive work carried out on your teeth. Thanks to a dentist in Diss, Suffolk/Norfolk border for this teeth preserving tip. There are additional tips of keeping healthy, in particular your teeth on this new page.
4. Why not use the local swimming pool instead of the expensive one at the gym?
Many local pools now hold special sessions for different types of people. Some also have water aerobics. Local councils are now becoming more in tune with the requirements of people. Take advantage of what is available - again an obvious money saving tip. If the type of session or lesson that you are seeking is not available, put in a written request to the Sports Manager and stress the need to keep healthy. This is less likely to be ignored and forgotten and your Council is honour bound to reply. The information is all here in our tips on keeping healthy.
5. Hold a can of baked beans in each hand and use them as weights when doing your ordinary exercises. Used water bottles are handy here. They can be filled with water, i.e. half full to start with, and as you progress the amount of water (weight) can be subsequently increased. Use whichever you feel the most comfortable with. Save money and don't buy expensive weights - just keep healthy. Stretch your body when you are exercising, the flexibility will help your feeling of well-being in many ways.
6. Walk up the stairs at work – don’t take a ride in the lift. Walk up the escalator. Think of your figure and our tips on keeping healthy at the same time! Soon both will become a habit.
7. Get off the bus one stop early and walk the rest of the way. The same applies to the escalator at stations and in shopping centres – walk instead of remaining static. Think slim keep healthy! A tip here - pull your belly muscles in as much as you can and keep your shoulders back. Try and keep this good posture whenever you are walking. Every little helps.
8. Ladies. This pelvic floor muscle exercise is of value to you.
Tighten your butt in the same movement that you would make if you were trying to suppress passing wind! Now pull your stomach muscles in. The two movements together will help tighten your pelvic floor muscles.
For a detailed explanation that is very easy to understand go to Pelvic Floor Exercise Booklet. This booklet is highly recommended and is entirely free.
This exercise gets more important as the years roll on. It is definitely a money saving secret because you are likely to stop problems with your health and the urinary tract muscles.
Aim at performing this little exercise around 20 times per day in two batches of ten. No one will ever know you are doing this, so take your opportunity. Remember, just do the two movements at the same time. This exercise is for men as well for their urinary tract muscles.
If you already have slight urinary tract problems, you will need to do this exercise for about four months to show any improvement. Then it should be continued, but not with so many repetitions being necessary, for the rest of your life. This is another good time for this exercise for after the birth of a baby.
9. Are you a five-a-day man? No, not five cans of lager, but five portions of fruit and veg per day. Many men seem to have a problem with vegetables, but you will find that if you can get into the habit of eating five portions of fruit and veg each day, your long term health will improve.
10. Whatever else you do - don't cross your legs. This is an easy, involuntary movement which can lead to all sorts of circulatory and muscular problems as you get older.
11. Look after your teeth. You only get issued with the one adult set and in spite of the (expensive) progress in dentistry, falsies are always apparent. See Tip 3 above.
12. Men are now realising that they do not lose their masculinity by taking care of themselves. In fact it improves their stature amongst their mates because they are starting to look good.
Your wife, partner or future girl friends will reap the benefits and so will you and your health. Take advantage of the money saving tips here, help yourself to improve your health. You won't regret it. It will pay you to look around our site for more tips on keeping healthy.
13. Statistics (yes - that dreadful word again) prove that eating a Mediterranean diet (fruit, vegetables, nut, grains, etc.) will reduce your chances of a heart attack. This is so very true. This forms the basis of our tips on keeping healthy.
14. It has been found that gout is likely to attack middle aged males if they are in the habit of drinking two sugary drinks (sugary drinks could include Coca Cola and similar types) per day. A very painful complaint which had always been thought to attack drinkers of too much alcohol. Be warned.
15. A home remedy for the cure of gout attacks has been suggested. Put 250g. pearl barley in a large saucean, cover with water, bring to boil and skim off any residue/scum. Turn down the temperature and simmer for 1¼ hours. Strain, keeping the liquid in a jug in the fridge. This can be flavoured with orange juice when needed. The left over pearl barley can be stored in the freezer and used in a casserole when needed. This has been known to cure two people following a painful attack of gout. One gentleman drank the whole lot of liquid in one day and the next day the gout pain had gone. With thanks to the ex SR Nurse contributor.
16. The Carao fruit from Costa Rica is an amazing low-iron natural remedy for anaemia. It is a thick, dark brown pleasant tasting liquid, so easy to take. It works fast, produces no side effects, and is effective for almost all types of anaemia. Read all about it This is an amazing natural product, as opposed to the many chemical remedies available on the market, and really well worth investigating. An excellent one of our tips on keeping healthy.
17. Try Tea Tree Oil to ease the itching from Thrush or other fungal or microbial conditions. Add 5 drops to a warm bath. This can help relieve the symptoms.Tip 3
18. If you do need to buy medicines, save money this way.
Sometimes it is necessary to buy medicines, but try to stick to our tips on keeping healthy and you will probably not need so many.
There are so many tips on keeping healthy here, you are bound to find something to assist.
Healthy Eating Simplified is dedicated to making healthy eating possible, even when life gets crazy. Includes tasty 30 minute meals, free two week meal planners, and quick tips that will help you eat well every day. Check out this tasty kabob recipe to try for dinner tonight.
Everyday Medicines Shed Unwanted Pounds Five a Day Facts Free Online Dating Agencies Marry or Live Together Burn Remedies The Food Index How To Eat For Health Avoid the Causes of Bowel Cancer Water and Health and Coca Cola Sugar In Fruits Natural Health Foods The Multi Tasking Cucumber Failed Slimmers - Come and Join Us Good Green Habits Why Not Quit Smoking Now? Grandmas Apron Obese Parents and Children Exercising At Home With No Equipment Eat More Fruit Lose Weight Natural Vitamins or Supplements Healthy Hair Tips for Damaged Hair Head Lice Treatment Diet and Exercise Lose Weight Eat Well Get Rid of Wrinkles Soothing Tired Feet Your Eyesight - Take Care of It Your Teeth - Take Care of Them Free Health and Beauty Tips Sugar In Fruits Summer Foot Care Advice Search This Site