This page is written with the people of the UK firmly in mind but is also securely based on the saving money ethic.
This is the biggest money saving idea we are ever likely to have.
If you, dear reader, live elsewhere in this world,
please allow us Brits this one indulgence.
We are in big trouble here.
Because of the failure of successive Governments to realise or be concerned about what is happening to our country, it is time for the little guy to take a stand. Set out here are some of the perils of being a member of the EU. These are random and in no particular order, all stressing that this is our country.
1. Over 60% of UK laws are formulated by the
unelected European Commission in Brussels, yet our own politicians
here fail to realise that soon their opinions will carry no more
weight than that of a Parish Councillor. However, they will still draw their comfortable salaries/expenses.
2. Scare stories abound such as – Mercedes-Benz would refuse to trade with the UK if we left the EU. The EU needs us more than we need them.
3. Britain pays £53m per day to the EU. Even taking into consideration the £23m. paid paid back to us, our payment to the EU still amounts to an eye-watering £30m. each day. Just think how we could progress this country with that amount of capital at our disposal.
4. We are told we have no alternative than to assist Ireland and Greece - both failing countries. Why? The UK is not responsible for their profligate spending and pensions arrangements.
5. Mrs. Margaret Thatcher (the late Lady Thatcher) negotiated substantial refunds from the EU. Some of these were magnanimously handed back by Tony Blair. Why? Are the interests of this country not important to him? Obviously not. He along with many other politicians fail to realise that this is our country.
6. Because of numerous laws passed, i.e. Human Rights legislation, Immigration legislation, we no longer control the right to say who stays in our country and who must leave. Do the British people no longer count? Again the politicians fail to realise that this is our country.
Do politicians not realise that additional people in this island of ours take up more land, use natural resources such as water and place a strain on the NHS, schools, gas and electricity, transport etc? Simple economics. They peddle the idea that we need the labour these people provide. Maybe some of our non-working, benefits claiming people could fill this gap.
7. Our fisherman can no longer ply their trade in a sensible and rational manner because of the European Fishing Quota system. New figures reveal that nearly a million tons of fish are thrown back into the sea across the whole North Sea Trawler fleet. This was featured in a Channel 4 documentary by TV chef Hugh Fearnley-Whttingstall with numerous delicious fish recipes from Jamie Oliver. At least our two chefs realise that this is our country. Well done and thank you. (This regulation has been slightly amended since writing.)
8. There is surely no real need to make mention of the Gravy Train that rattles around Europe between Strasbourg and Brussels. Some of the MEPs are experts at making maximum use of their inflated expense allowances. i.e. signing in for a day’s work in order to claim their due expenses and then immediately leaving the building. Definitely a hard day’s work. Why do they need two separate parliaments? More unnecessary expense.
9. Norway and Switzerland have declined to join the EU. Both countries are doing 'very nicely - thank you'.
10. This is the biggest money saving idea we are ever likely to have. We need to leave the EU, stand on our own feet, prosper and become GREAT Britain again.
The page was prompted by the excellent supplement given in The Daily Express newspaper entitled – Get Britain Out of the EU.
If you have strong views – along with 48% of the residents of our country who would like to pull out of the EU – please Log on to Get Us Out of the EU At the time of writing, this site is slow to load, probably due to the number of people wanting to sign the petition.
Whether you agree with the above or not, please feel free to express your views here.
On one of our 'standard' pages we would include a list of relevant, related pages here.
However, where this subject is concerned, every page on the site is relevant because the EU is completely invading our daily lives.
The choice is therefore yours. The Menu Bar to the left hand side will be of assistance.
Go from this Is Our Country
back to Save Money Home Page
Are you looking for a job?
If so, this book is probably the one for you.
See our excellent selection of eBooks below - all with one aim in mind -
Boosting Your Income