The Multi Tasking Cucumber
This page about the multi tasking cucumber is an amusing and extremely useful page.
Not only is it very informative, but has some astounding facts to relate.
Some of the tips are totally amazing - cleaning your shoes with cucumber?
These tips are passed on to you without comment, but in the hope that you will find the contents not only interesting, but also useful and help you to save money.
Cucumbers can be eaten raw or pickled, and there is now a variety called Burpless which is indicative of the cucumber's ability to create gas in some people.
THE MULTI TASKING CUCUMBER
1. Cucumbers are now widely cultivated and contain most of the vitamins you need every day. Just one Cucumber contains Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B5, Vitamin B6, Folic Acid, Vitamin C, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium and Zinc.
2. If you have a 'tired' period in the afternoon, have bite on a slice or two of cucumber. Cucumbers are a good source of B Vitamins and Carbohydrates that can provide that quick pick-me-up that can last for hours.
3. Does the mirror in your bathroom fog up after a shower or bath? Try rubbing a cucumber slice along the mirror, it will eliminate the fog and provide a soothing, Spa-like fragrance.
4. Do you suffer from tiredness at times? Cut two slices of cucumber, place one slice over each and relax on a bed for twenty minutes. This will help to reduce the puffiness and marks around the eyes. This is another trick from the multi tasking cucumber.
5. Are grubs and slugs ruining your plant beds and vegetables?
Place a few slices of cucumber in a small, aluminium pie tin and your garden will be free of pests all season long.
It will be more successful if you sink the pie tin in the ground to be just above the level of the soil. The chemicals in the cucumber react with the aluminium to give off a scent undetectable to humans but which aggravates garden pests and should make them leave the area.
6. Are you looking for a fast and easy way to remove cellulite before going out or to the pool? Try rubbing a slice or two of cucumber along your problem area for a few minutes.
The phytochemcials in the cucumber cause the collagen lurking in your skin to tighten, firming up the outer layer and reducing the visibility of cellulite. Works great on wrinkles too. Definitely a multi tasking cucumber working for you.
Of course this is not a permanent solution and maybe reading our pages Getting Rid of Wrinkles and
Eat Less Excercise More
wrinkles and exercise will also help.
7. Do you want to avoid a hangover or terrible headache? Eat a few cucumber slices before going to bed and wake up refreshed and headache free. Cucumbers contain enough sugar, B Vitamins, etc. to replenish essential nutrients the body has lost, keeping everything well balanced and avoiding both a hangover and headache. Another multi tasking cucumber tip.
8. Are you looking to fight off that afternoon or evening snacking binge? Cucumbers have been used for centuries and often used by European trappers, traders and explores for quick meals to thwart off starvation.
9. If you have an important meeting or job interview and don't have enough time to polish your shoes? Rub a freshly cut cucumber over the shoe. The chemicals will provide a quick and durable shine that not only looks great but also repels water. This seems unbelievable for even the multi tasking cucumber.
10. When the WD 40 has run out and you need to fix a squeaky hinge take a cucumber slice and rub it along the problematic hinge, and the squeak is gone! As well as all the other attributes, this salad vegetable is deinifely a multi tasking cucumber.
11. Are you stressed out but don't have time or money for a massage, facial or visit to the spa? Cut up an entire cucumber and place it in a boiling pot of water, the chemicals and nutrients from the cucumber react with the boiling water and are released in the steam, creating a soothing, relaxing aroma. This has been shown the reduce stress in both new mothers and college students during final exams.
12. If you have finished a business lunch and don't have gum or mints, take a slice of cucumber and press it to the roof of your mouth with your tongue for 30 seconds to eliminate bad breath, the phytochemcials (chemical compounds such as beta-carotene found in a wide variety of fruit and vegetables) will kill the bacteria in your mouth responsible for causing bad breath.
13. Looking for a 'green' way to clean your taps, (faucets,) sinks or stainless steel?
Take a slice of cucumber and rub it on the surface you want to clean, not only will it remove years of tarnish and bring back the shine, but is won't leave streaks and won't harm your fingers or fingernails while you clean.
14. If you or your children get scorched by the sun, rub some cucumber on the burn. It’s just as good as aloe and essential for any warm-weather traveller.
15. Have you made a mistake when using a pen? Take the outside of the cucumber and slowly use it to erase the pen writing. It also works well on crayons and markers that the kids have used to decorate the walls!
16. A cucumber will keep for longer if wrapped in foil or cling-film.
Pass this along to aid better and safer ways to solve some of life's everyday problems.
Why not subscribe to our Free Monthly Newsletter while you are here?
Keep you and your bank balance healthy.
So easy to do.
Give this recession a beating and sign up today.
Just use the form in the right hand column.
No catches – just good information.
If you missed the latest edition of the Newsletter you can read it here.
How to Clean Your Teeth
Water and Health and Coca Cola
Failed Slimmers Come and Join Us
Why Not Quit Smoking Now?
Obese Parents and Children
Search this Site
Back to Top of Page
Go from Multi Tasking Cucumber
back to Money Saving Home Page