Exercising at Home With No Equipment
Exercising at home with no equipment is a great idea, but sometimes difficult to carry through.
Maybe not quite like the man above, but if you are running your own business the demands are great and exercise is not usually top of your agenda.
Do you spend long hours at a computer, answering the telephone talking to customers, drumming up business, writing reports?
These can all take precedence over exercise. Tension and demands on your time build up and the business usually wins.
To make exercising at home with no equipment easier, here are some easy desk exercises.
EXERCISING AT HOME WITH NO EQUIPMENT
1. Not only can this exercise be done at the computer, it can be done anywhere. Queuing at the checkout, waiting for your train and the best part about it is no one will be aware you are exercising.
Sit up straight at your desk with your feet flat on the floor (or stand up straight if you are out and about). Perform a simple pelvic tilt by drawing your lower back muscles inwards (as though preventing passing wind) as you contract the front abdominal muscles – this will pull up your pelvic muscles. Hold for a few seconds. Relax and then repeat 10 – 20 times.
If you go to Tip.8 this exercise is explained in full detail and is very beneficial for ladies.
2. Legs can get very tired sitting in the same position for long periods. Sit up straight with your feet flat on the floor. Lift and stretch the lower right leg with the toes pointed upwards until the leg is straight. Hold for one second, lower the leg and repeat with the left leg. Repeat 10 – 20 times with each leg. This is simple exercising at home with no equipment.
Taker a break in the fresh air whenever you can - even if only for a few minutes. This will help give your body a break and refresh your brain.
Never, ever sit with your legs crossed. This one simple bad habit will cause damage to the veins in your legs in later life.
3. Relieve neck tension by circling your head 20 times to the right, 20 times to the left, and 20 times upwards and backwards and then downwards towards the chest. Another simple way of exercising at home with no equipment which will help relieve the strain in your neck and shoulders.
4. As you are sitting straight at your desk, your arms in the ’typing’ position, move your arms slightly backwards until they reach the side of your body by the waist, pulling your shoulder blades towards each other and hold for a few seconds. Do this several times to relieve tension in your back.
5. Sit up straight at your desk, open your arms but raised about 6” up from the desk. Move your arms together as until your fingers touch. This will work your shoulders. Do this whenever you start to feel tension at the back of your neck and shoulders.
6. Another variation on the above exercise is to sit traight in your chair, arms raised as above, but one at a time move your arms in a forward movement as though you are swimming the crawl moving the arms across the body. This is also good for relieving tensio, exercising both arms and shoulders.
The last tip - 7 - is probably the most efficient way to relieve tension:
7. Invest in a small, discreet, kitchen timer and set it for 20 minutes. When it ‘pings’ make a point of getting up and away from your desk. Fetch a drink, walk to another part of the house/office to fetch an item you need. BUT – get up and move. Don't forget to reset the pinger each time. Take care of yourself.
Take this small amount of time for exercising at home with no equipment even though you are still at your desk. You will, in the end, be able to work longer and feel less strained.
Make a point of taking extra special
care of your eyes
It is so important to keep fit, keep yourself as near as possible free from stress, otherwise if you suffer, your family suffers, your business suffers and your income suffers.
Why not subscribe to our Free Monthly Newsletter here?
Get all our money saving tips to keep
your bank balance healthy.
So easy to do.
Give this recession a beating and sign up today.
No catches – just good information.
If you missed the latest edition of the Newsletter you can read it here.
Job Seekers Advice?
Benefits of Home Working
Quicker Ways to Make Money
Benefits of Working At Home(Part 2)
Search This Site
Back to Top of Page
Go from Exercising at Home With No Equipment
back to Money Saving Home Page